Scott Storm joined Mura & Storm, PLLC, in 1997 and became a member in 2007. Scott has a multi-state and regional insurance coverage practice of first-party property and third-party liability coverage matters of all commercial and personal property and casualty lines, including: analysis and evaluation of coverage issues; litigation of coverage disputes with policyholders or other insurers, through trial and appellate practice; and representation of insurers in intercompany arbitration. He has exceptional experience conducting examinations under oath and a substantial caseload of personal and commercial lines fraud and arson cases for insurers. His practice also comprises insurance defense litigation of personal injury premises liability, automobile accident, municipal liability and labor law/construction accident cases.
Scott was previously employed as a claims supervisor with General Accident Insurance Company and as a claims representative with Travelers Property Casualty. He has attained the professional designation of Senior Claims Law Associate. Scott is admitted to the practice of law in New York State, its four federal districts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; as well as the State of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania. He received his B.A. degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo and J. D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He is a member of the Buffalo Claims Association, Erie County Bar Association; International Association of Special Investigation Units and the New York State Chapter of Special Investigation Units. Mr. Storm was selected for inclusion several times in the New York Super Lawyers – Upstate Edition, including 2019.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
- New York – All Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- State of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court: Western District of Pennsylvania
- International Association of Special Investigation Units
- New York State Chapter of Special Investigation Units
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Buffalo Claims Association