William A. Lorenz, Jr. joined Mura Law Group in January 2021 as a Senior Associate, bringing with him over seven years of civil and criminal litigation experience as counsel with HoganWillig, PLLC. William has served as first and second chair on numerous trials in both State and Federal Court. Those trials involved both civil issues such as civil rights, personal injury, and breach of contract, as well as criminal defense for money laundering, forgery, and murder. William also lobbied on behalf of his clients for the passing of the New York Child Victims Act, which was signed into law in 2019. William then established the Child Victims Act department at HoganWillig and served as Case Coordinator.
Outside of the office, William serves as an adjunct professor at Canisius College, where he teaches mock trial, a program he helped create as a student. A published author, William also volunteers extensively in the community, and is known as "Buffalo's Best Batman" for his costumed charity work.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D.
- Canisius College, B.A., All College Honors
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York State - All Courts
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Canisius College Alumni Board of Directors
- Canisius College Desmond Law Society
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International- Buffalo Alumni Chapter
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Selectee: Criminal Defense: General Practice; 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Selectee: 2018-2020
- Marquis Who's Who in America: 2020
- Buffalo Bisons/Key Bank Community All-Star Award: 2020